Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

FROM OUR WORKSHOP: Desert Dog

Here is a piece of poetry by our 11 year old, Elizabeth. She truly enjoys writing!

Desert Dog
by Liz Faber

In his eyes
a desert
at night
a ring of ebony
another
of shining gold
none of them perfect
all jagged
never perfect
but always.

When you look at him
you see an old mutt
his face white
the rest a worn out rust
but when you feel him
you feel a puppy
his smile so pure
drool dripping off
his rough tongue

His life
a journey
a maze
started out
in a desert
but somehow
got to me
I don't know how
only he
my puppy
my old dog
knows the secret

His mother
the sun
his father
the moon
his brothers
the sand.

But there's one thing
that I know
he's my puppy
my old man
my dog
and I love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Elizabeth could replace either of us on our sites. What a good job!

Dan Kelly said...

I think that's pretty much the sweetest thing ever.

LindaRizz said...

That is just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Many human beings sense animals are old souls. They often observe people in silence, yet seem to understand everything we think and feel. Animals are also very intuitive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...