Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


A Facebook Experiment Run Amok ...

1. I have been desperately in love with Dolly Parton since I was a teenager … okay, more like obsessed. I consider her my celebrity guardian angel just like Charlene in “Designing Women”. In fact, I dreamt about her last night.
2. My partner, Leslie, is my best friend. She and our daughter are the only two people I can stand being around for longer than a few hours. Everybody else gets on my nerves even though I try not to show it.
3. I really like cats better than dogs, but everybody in my family is allergic … so I had to adjust. Now I love dogs, too. Especially Daizy.
4. I feel like I was a sleep walker until the year 1999 when I first saw one of the Holy Mothers. It’s corny, and kind of borderline zealotry, but it’s the truth. I was sleeping, and now I’m awake.
5. I was happier pregnant than I’d ever been in my life. I felt purposeful and awesome. Also, Leslie waited on me hand and foot, and that was kind of cool, too.
6.I am genuinely grateful that I live in a time period in history when two women can live together, have a baby, and not have to hide it or call each other "friends".
7. My artwork is a labor of love. If you ask me what I draw, I’d say whatever asked to be drawn. People wonder why I don’t do more with it and I wonder, too, but the truth is I am compelled to take care of my family right now, so I work. Maybe one day when our daughter is older and more independent, I’ll be ready to focus on it more constructively.
8. I get immense pride and a sense of accomplishment out of working to take care of my family. Doing so gives me purpose, which is important to me.
9. I have no sense of personal style. If Leslie didn’t dress me, I’d look like a complete dork every day. A true fashion disaster.
10. I like my job. It’s important to me to work with people, and I am very good at bringing a team together and encouraging everyone to reach for their full potential. But, I also need to make a good salary, a competitive one, or it’s hard to keep my heart in it. I found that out in Connecticut. I never thought money was important until I didn’t make much.
11. I think the internet and blogging are awesome because anyone can do it have an audience. I like having an audience.
12. I've been wearing make up since I was 15 ... I started because my dance teacher, Miss Connie, did it.
13. I’m no good at staying home. (as opposed to working). I tried that in Connecticut, too, and discovered I suck at it.
14. My favorite comic strip is “For Better or For Worse” and I’ve made sure our daughter loves it, too.
15. It was particularly important to me that our daughter hate peas … mission accomplished. They are disgusting, and I don’t care what Leslie says.
16. I didn’t discover my self-confidence until I was in my mid to late thirties … everything prior to that was sheer nerve.
17. I love San Francisco a lot, but don’t have the visceral connection to the land that Leslie does.
18. I’m a pretty forgiving person and will go back again and again if I think it’ll help a relationship … however, once I’m done … I’m done. Case closed.
19. I have a shallow streak that I’ve learned to accept.
20. I love my Leslie’s cooking … it’s the best there is.
21. Having acrylic nails done in a French manicure makes me feel good, even though it’s a bitch to type with them.
22. I don’t worry much about things, in general, but I do worry about what’ll happen to my mother when she’s ancient.
23. My most favorite movie is “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”.
24. I love an excellent book, but admit that when I’m too into one, it’s usually escapism for the wrong reason.
25. I believe in magic, I really do, and have done some in my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo!

And I like peas, but lima beans taste like dust bombs.

Anonymous said...

Tell the truth!!!

Meanings for the word truth extend from honesty, good faith, and sincerity in general, to agreement with fact or reality in particular.[1] The term has no single definition about which a majority of professional philosophers and scholars agree, and various theories of truth continue to be debated. There are differing claims on such questions as what constitutes truth; how to define and identify truth; the roles that revealed and acquired knowledge play; and whether truth is subjective, relative, objective, or absolute

Donna L. Faber said...

Ok, smartass ... this is the third posting you've left, mysteriously and anonymously. If you have something to say, then say it. Tell the truth... yourself! This post is about me ... so I have to assume you are eager for me to agree with what you consider to be the truth. How you could possibly be an expert on my life experience is truly beyond me. Take the mask off and let me know what's going on ... or please move on!

Unless you are my youngest brother, in which case you obviously know everything ... so that's an exception of course.

D~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...