Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

10 BLOCK RADIUS

Good day, bloggers!

I doubt I have to go into how much I love San Francisco ... if you know me, you know I really do! For the last few weeks I've managed to take a walk almost each day around 2 or 3 p.m. I have to share some of the photographs I've taken along the way. All of these little discoveries were found within a 10 block radius of where I work, and they truly tell a story ... Some sad, some interesting, some beautiful, some strange. I thought you might like it.

San Francisco Water Feature

An interesting water feature between Market and Mission Streets.

Abandoned Fiddle Case on market Street

An abandoned violin or fiddle case on Market Street.

Willy & Sassy on Market Street

Homeless pets on Market Street ... this is Willy and Sassy.

Wiggly Building Sculpture

Wiggly buildling sculptures near Front Street by the Embarcaderos.

Driftwood Horses

Driftwood horse sculpture on Market Street where I get my iced latte most days. Isn't that something? You should see it up close. And there's one more, too ...

Driftwood Horses


I didn't stop to see who the artist was, although there are a number of American artists who make horses out of driftwood. I can only imagine what kind of time and effort this takes. You'd have to see into the shape of every piece ... just spectacular!

Until we blog again ... Love,

D~

2 comments:

Avia said...

It takes beauty to see beauty.

Your shots are loverly.

Thank you for sharing some of the local scenery.

I've been to SanFran, once.

I left my heart there just like Bennett did.

I can see it beating in a few of your photos. :-)

Donna L. Faber said...

Good morning, Avia!

It's hard NOT to fall in love with this place. It's clean, the weather is perfect, people are diverse and wonderful ... there's a surprise around every corner.

D~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...