Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

What's the Delay?


I really enjoy blogging. Now that I’m involved with the Art Guild of Pacifica, there are an endless number of people, exhibitions, shows, and art styles to write about.  AGP has a blog on blogger, and while any AGP member can author an article, most people don’t seem to have the time.  I’ve got time on my hands these days, so I’m truly enjoying myself.

But I wonder … is this taking me away from my novel?  I’ve been closed mouth about my fiction novel entitled “Faultlines”, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and something I definitely want to finish before I go back to work.  Time is ticking on that account.  I’ve grown concerned that writing a novel is a little bit like dieting, very overwhelming, and so am I avoiding it? While I found a way to support my efforts at better health with bariatric surgery (vertical gastrectomy aka “stomach staple”), I think the only way to get my novel done is to simply write it.  One step at a time, one page at a time, one day at a time.

So, what is holding me back? What am I afraid of?  I really need to figure this out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...